Post by panzerjager on Mar 23, 2013 17:56:11 GMT -5
To take a break from the amount of parts of the FAMO I'm current building, I start the building of this little russian tank, which was gifted by a friend partially built, as you can see in the first pic
It lacks of any P.E. parts, so, I start building the engines ventilation fins, using a brass foil. It should looks like this:
Parts are not glued yet
NOw I need to know how looks the view of the engines compartment from outside, so, if you have any good pic, it will be apretiated
Post by panzerjager on Mar 28, 2013 21:37:43 GMT -5
Thanks guys. I have in mind to use this tank as an excercise of painting partially burnt/rusted vehicles.
I added a metal screen and a cardboard frame, covered with 2 coats of acrilic floor polish
I paint and install the tracks before the fenders to avoid broke the tiny links. Tracks was airbrushed with Tamiya XF-64, then a mix of fine sand, beige acrilic and window cleaner was applied to simulate the dirt.
I use Photoshop to see how the burnt/rusted zone will look
Post by panzerjager on Mar 30, 2013 13:43:47 GMT -5
Thanks, guys! I continue with this burnt/rusted painting excercise:
1 - Base color: Tamiya XF-64 toned down with yellow. The spots you can see are acrilic paint, to obtain different shades of oxide, later, when I paint the chipping. The black & white decal you see on the left wall of the turret is...a decal. My idea was paint on the turret, apply the decal and then paint on the decal; then I will try to peel the decal, to show the paint below; but something fail, the decal seems to be very good, because I can't peel it
2 - After a coat of hairspray I apply a coat of a Tamiya mix (I'm out of green, so I mixed yellow, Royal blue and black) and start to rub to remove the paint with a brush. Again...something fail, the base color was removed too, in some parts
3 - I forget to apply the decals, so, I painted some numbers. I added spots with artist acrilic paits, mixed with a bit of Tamiya Flat Base, over the moistened surfaces.
4 - More acrilic applied.
5 - Now I added some grey color, delimiting the zone where the inside hot make the paint chipping. I paint the asbest covering the exhaust pipes in a dark gray color (no idea of which color it should be). I apply more acrilic in oxide shades, but this time using a sponge instead of a brush. I make some pin washes with oils to the reccesed parts and add some light to the green, using oils too
6- And finally, some pigments to blend the acrilic spots.
Next step will be.....To extend the burnt zone over the right side wall, seal all with flat varnish, a coat of hairspray, repaint in a lighter green and more chipping.