Afternoon fellas! Call me crazy,but I pulled another donated kit from Bill76 off the shelf and started on it.I was getting bored not being able to finish the other three on the bench.Need to hit the LHS tomorrow for buff and white paint then I can rock and roll and get them finished. Here's the progress so far on the T-62! Wheels,sprockets and idlers are done and started on the lower hull.Back to the bench for more gluing.
Evening fellas! More progress made. Suspension is on and wheels dry fit.Boy did Trumpeter drop the ball on the wheels and idlers.They are a sloppy fit and going to have to be extra careful gluing so they line up properly.I got the upper hull gluded on and things are going smoothly so far.Hope you like it so far.
Nice and rapid progress Leon. Good old Trumpy strikes again - maybe they initially designed the kit to have poly caps but then didn't add the caps My bodge for this sort of problem is to put a tiny blob of Blu Tak on the end of the axle - stops me having to go on the great wheel-hunt every time I pick up the model.
Evening fellas! Made a little more progress.Engine deck is glued on,got the fuel tanks and tool boxes on the fenders and snipped all 217 indie links from their sprues ready to clean up.These will be interesting to assemble as there is no jig for them.I got one dilemma,there are plastic covers that go over the PE grills and I really don't want to cover them.I am thinking about gluing them open.What do you guys think?
Nice progress Leon! I don't know what it looks like with the covers in place - but you could always leave one off (MIA) I'm assuming the tracks are non-workable? Put down a strip of masking tape sticky side up, line up your links, brush on glue, leave to marinate for 10-15, peel off your track-run and drape over the wheels. If you're using the cream-coloured household tape (looks a bit like crepe paper) don't be tempted to paint the tracks whilst stuck on the tape - the paint likes to react with the glue on the tape and melts the plastic. Go on, ask me how I found that out
i.gifer.com/6gG.gif You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Evening fellas! Made some progress tonight.Got the reactive armor on the hull and side skirts and rear fuel drums are dry fit so I can paint them separately.Took about 3 hours to do the armor as the glue points on the back are really small and the skirts were warped a little.Hope you like the progress.
Evening fellas! Here are the primer pics.I had to glue the skirts to the fenders because of the slight warpage.It would have been darn near impossible to glue them on after the fenders were mounted.Hope you like.
I also managed to get 108 indie links cleaned up.I'll do the rest tomorrow.