The final lap is always a fun one and that's where the build headed into the last couple of days. After making some fine adjustments here and there after the pin wash, I installed the final little pieces and knocked down the remaining gloss from the Future and sealed up the wash work with a coat of MM Lusterless Flat. I deliberately decided not to fit the tow cables to the roof vents as I looked their look too much as-is.
The last hurdle to clear is weathering the running gear and tracks. For this task, I chose Mig Dark Mud pigments. I applied the pigments as a wet mixture using ordinary tap water with a drop of liquid dish soap added to break the surface tension and allow it to flow evenly.
Once it had air-dried, I put on a sanding mask to avoid inhaling the fine pigment dust and set to work removing excess pigment using a series of stiff-bristled brushes.
Further adjustments were made using cotton swabs, both wet and dry as needed.
After all that, most of the pigment gets removed but what remains is just right in the spots where it should be.
Not an exact count Mark, but one long side on the hull has about 350, so that should give you a pretty good idea! The whole thing is put together with rivets, so they are, literally, everywhere and even come in a variety of sizes!