Post by maschinenkrueger on Mar 25, 2019 10:13:55 GMT -5
The Venusuit is one of those weird funky suits that check all the boxes for a Kow design. Heavy, awkward and impractical with lots of misc. hoses. Saito-san released a limited run resin kit a couple of years ago but it is OOP so I decided to try scratching one myself.
The design is based on two Dorvak PA-36N kits - I confirmed this with Saito-san. The lower legs are used twice for the Venusuit legs. I used two torsos but am not sure if this is accurate or Kow just used a lot of putty. I'm pretty close so that's good enough for me.
There are lots of details to add still and need to re-scribe the nose and adjust the arms to match Kow's build. Adding the eyes and hoses will help because right now it still looks a bit Dorvak wearing a track suit.
Other donor kits used are: AFS Mk1/2 SAFS x2 Neuspotter
Post by maschinenkrueger on Mar 28, 2019 12:47:52 GMT -5
I think construction is done. Just one more little gee-gaw to add to the back. Saito-san sent me images of his in-progress build when he made the master for the resin kit. It looks like I'm about 7mm too shallow front to back. This throws off the placement of most of the side bits but oh well, too late now.
Post by maschinenkrueger on Jun 26, 2019 8:57:55 GMT -5
I finally completed the Venusuit. Painted with Tamiya Acrylics, weathered with oils, pigments and enamels.
The base is created with pieces of mine tailings found while camping in the woods years ago. I glued the rusty bits to a pink Styrofoam base and did very little to alter them. The colors and metallic sheen are natural. I blended the rust effects up the suit to give the effect this suit has been trudging through a barren harsh environment for a while.