Using the old Tammy kit for this so if I bungle it I'll only be out about $20 and some time. Basic rust in enamel so I need to let it cure a couple of days before moving on
Had to toss the kit two piece barrel as it was awful but a section of Evergreen tubing that measured within .002" was readily available. Other that that, it's pretty good for a perhaps forty year old kit
Looking good. Gotta love the old kits. They are perfect for when you just want a quick build to have fun with, try new products or techniques. I have a few T-34's and I think an SU-76 that I should bang out to clear the stash lol.
I think that this was a combination of not enough hairspray and too heavy a top coat of 4bo green, but in any event the top coat would not give it up when I tried to chip it. Instead of starting over I decided to just finish and fade it; I'll try this again on another old mold having learned a few things here.
The kit supplied tracks were awful, so here it sits awaiting a set of Fruils that should appear sometime next week. Some of you may notice it's sitting quite tall, this is because I sawed off the suspension arms which were molded to the hull and remounted them on pivots. This will allow the suspension to articulate when I screw it down to the base
Most everything has come to a screeching halt for me; my Dad died on the 10th of this month.
My heartfelt condolences, this is always a major blow to all who experience it.
BTW, I don't know if it was the case with the SU-122, but the Su-85 and SU-100 had difficulties due to the limited depression of the main armament. If I recall correctly there are photos of them in nose-down attitudes in deliberately excavated hollows in defensive positions.