Post by Return_To_Kit_Form on Aug 5, 2017 3:20:21 GMT -5
just thought I'd share the build up of one of the "Legult Standard Version" kits that I am building up for a customer. Since it is a build up rather than an announcement I thought it deserved it's own thread.
This particular kit was used to take a few photos for the assembly instructions so this is what it looked like when I started this afternoon:
The parts were only lightly tacked together so a few minutes later it looked like this:
After this it will need a few blemishes smoothed out and get all primed up which will happen over the new few days - wish me luck.
Post by Return_To_Kit_Form on Aug 10, 2017 7:04:54 GMT -5
Thanks guys - it is good to be posting here on the boards again
But not everything has been going to plan. Since this is being built up for a tor collector I thought I would add in some points of articulation using ball joints.
Add first things were going well and looked good:
But in the end the physics won the day. The resin is too heavy and the design too tall and awkward for the joint to be tight and stable enough. I just wasn't satisfied enough to be comfortable so I will fill in all the holes and keep going. While it didn't work it was worthwhile checking out and I learned a bunch about ball joint limits