Thanks guys, well last night I played about with my new airbrush and used it to spray the dust on the lower hull then added some mud splatters by flicking the mixture using a brush and a finger . I used a mix of tamiya buff, deck tan and white to match the dusting applied on the upper hull. I finished off with a matt coat. Today I have painted all the shiny bits, added the lenses and vision blocks and other bits and basically the models finished bar adding the figures!
Rather chuffed with the outcome to be honest it exceeded all my expectations it's such a cool vehicle. Now I need to sort out the figures and base.
cheers guys it did take a fair amount of time to do Jeff and a fair bit of decal setter but the results are worth it. Dicky it's aftermarket decals I used the mister chronicle stuff. Same as I used on my type 90 figures.
Cheers guys, well the base work and figures are finished all that's left to do is add the figures to the turret and it's ready for the display cabinet. The range sign was made up from plastic and painted, it adds a nice splash of colour to the finished dio.
Absolutely superb Pete - this is a stunning result and has been a great build - I love seein' kits blogged I haven't come across before and this builds up into a very cool AFV....yer basework really sets it off a treat
If yer think yer one in a million, chances are, YOU AIN'T!