Hello all, I am finally on the right track for Matty's nose. I still have a little bit of feathering the joint in, but not much.
I also finally broke down and bought the RP Toolz punch and die sets. I'm starting to wonder how I built anything without them. I had to try the punches out, and before I knew it, the rear plate was pretty much finished.
Hello everybody, I am still puttering on the nose. I have the driver's visor pretty much shaped, so I had to see how it looked.
While I was waiting for the glue to dry, I started messing around with the sprocket ring. I cheated big time getting the spacing. It's a 25 tooth sprocket, so I picked up 50 tooth spur gear from the store.
A little while later, after a bit of drilling, and giving my compass cutter a bit of a workout:
Finally, I got a start cutting the teeth:
I still have a bit of filing on it, but it's heading in the right direction. Thanks again for looking in.