Hi chaps, thank you for the kind words, clearly I bought something back from Turkey that I didn't really want!
Here we go, engine.
The fit on some parts isn't that good, probably down to the age, still, I managed to dress it all up fairly well so most of the horrors disappeared under primer. All the bolts on the barrels are separate parts which adds greatly to the overall appearance. The Y shape inlet manifold is a problem, trying to fit it results in forcing the cylinder heads apart so some careful filing ensued to try and correct it, not 100% right but I risk losing the detail if I do any more. A combination of Acrylics and Enamels have been used to provide a finish, looks ok to me. There are a couple of casings to fit, only reason they're not fitted is because I'm undecided whether I go with the finish OOTB or repaint which is what i have done on the rocker covers.
Anyway, couple of pics before it finds its home in the frame....hopefully!
Gorgeous looking engine there buddy, the separate bolts really do make a big difference.
The Y shaped manifold problem is a big issue on Aoshima's kits, it will never sit flush no matter how its forced in there and fitting it beforehand always causes more issues because the locating holes are not correctly shaped for it. You look like you've overcome any issue on this one with flying colours prof, it looks snug as a bug.
Bodywork is now underway, quite a bit of prep due to both mold seam removal and the sheer expanse of styrene you need to clean and prime.
Colour is now underway too, I really don't like the correct flat beige colour these were produced in but I wanted to retain the decals so I decided on Zero paints LeMans Sunset which is actually meant for Nissans but should go well with the decs.
My sincere thanks to Mark (Boo) for his tireless, good natured responses to my many PMs on the subject of colours, thank you buddy.
Out at charity events today so no update planned until next week sometime.
Last Edit: Sept 8, 2013 4:07:42 GMT -5 by Mence: Can't type...