Not much of a first post I know but was keen to show its underway. A little mor progress for you.
No fit issues as you would expect, plain sailing.
Remainder of the frame bracing is in, frame now officially glued once I had checked that the captive nut sandwiched between the frame halves hadn't gone walkabout. Rear suspension subframe assembled and fitted purely for the benefit of the pic, it runs on two plastic bushes which are a nice push fit, it will need to come apart for painting and further assembly.
Note the raised detail on the stand, you get neat HD badges in the detail up set to stick on that.
Paint next, try and get a fairly glossy finish on it.
Ok, no update today as I'm busy painting bits and pieces. I mentioned in the review that the suggested colour of the subject is pretty cool but perhaps a little monotone so I'm opting for a slightly brighter finish although in itself it still makes the subject rather black and silver.
The very wide, four part rear wheel got sorted by way of paint. Adopting the same process as I used on the other HD, AB on three or four light coats of Semi Gloss Black ENAMEL, leave to harden (careful, because you're applying straight onto plated plastic, no primer, even when dry it's easily damaged) Once dry, carefully remove the excess paint with an enamel thinners soaked cotton bud.
Thank you for the kind words of support. I now have a jar of Zero Paints Mica Silver which should do the job for me.
Today's update is rear suspension.
HD have come up with what I think is a neat solution to this, the suspension units are slung laterally under the gearbox, hidden from view, that way you can have the looks of a hard tail and the comfort of a soft tail, cunning.
Right, on with the show, pic follows of all the parts necessary for the two units. Spring is held on the aluminium colour shaft by a circlip which is encased in a two piece shroud along with the threaded bolt. The outer cover slips over and the end caps go on last.
Fit is 110%, it really is a joy to build a kit knowing that everything is going to do what it's meant to...every time! Once assembled, they were masked and painted with Semi Gloss Black Enamel.
Ok, next pic shows them temporarily in place fitted with a threaded bolt, two nuts, two washers, three bushes and a nyloc nut. I say temporarily as I will need to pop them out while I work on other bits. I thought it would be a good idea to show as they will be pretty much hidden once the engine goes in.
And finally, a quick scale pic to give you an idea of size.
For reference, my new best friend when it comes to getting a nice finish on the frame is Alclad Gloss Black Base.