Hello Everybody. The few weeks I thought I was going to be taking off turned into a few months. I decided to get back to this beast a few days ago. The turret was what had me scared. so I decided to give it a start. It started out as a 3 inch PVC pipe.
It was a bit small, so I wrapped some plastic around it to get it to the right diameter, then added the roof.
Finally, I added the cheek pieces.
I have a little more to do before I start adding the projections on the sides. Thanks for looking in.
Hello everybody. I have been making progress on the turret roof.
I had to see what it looked like on the hull.
In case you may be thinking the turret is too tall, it is. Some fool (I'll call him Bruce) measured it wrong. I guess it's time to get the Dremel out with a cutoff wheel. Hopefully, I'll have more to show soon. Thanks for looking in.
Hello everybody. Once I sorted out the lower part of the turret, I started in on the roof again. I finished the loader's hatch, and got a good start on the cupola. The cupola itself is another acrylic coin tube that turned out to be about the right diameter. Hopefully, I'll have more progress on her pretty soon. Thanks again for looking in.